Destroyer Club.com
August 22, 2014, 11:45:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The End of the World

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fan makes Destroyer movie intro  (Read 4631 times)
Donna
Administrator
No doubt a white

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2010, 09:37:47 PM »

Some of you may remember TheWiz (Christian Wolf) from the old DestroyerClub.  He's a musician who has written Destroyer-themed music.  We had MP3s of two of them up at the old Dclub.

He emailed me with this news:
To let you and the other fans know though, Me and a friend just finished a makebelieve intro of a new destroyer movie. With my music and his talents in graphics, it turned out rather well.

You can see it HERE on You Tube.  Wish we could embed it.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 10:37:00 PM by Donna » Logged

Even a fool who uses his mind is stronger than a wise man who does not.
Yoram
No doubt a white

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 08:39:33 AM »

Try embedding it from here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKOO50kFZAA
Donna
Administrator
No doubt a white

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 03:53:10 PM »

It's the forum controls, Yoram.  They don't allow any embedding from anywhere.

But I realized I can embed it in Dclub's home page.  So I did.   www.destroyerclub.com
cmz
No doubt a white

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 03:19:16 PM »

Pretty impressive; kudos to C. Wolf and Yoram.  I think I've got it wrong. It's sounded like a spy movie.(e.g. Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan series) Still I prefer a more dominant Asian/ Oriental theme like in RW:TAB.  The Destroyer is not only an action flick.  There's political intrigue, humor, satire, espionage, martial arts, magic, mysticism and a bit of horror.(Remo and Chiun can be very scary if they wanted to)

As for Remo's mantra (I am created Shiva...)before the opening credits,  I've read something similar in Warren's discussion board about a  Destroyer t.v. series.  Here's what I think; its not a good idea! Why? First of all it supposed to be special and mysterious.(people like this mystical stuff) It should be rarely heard.  The less said about it the better.  That way people can't wait(rubbing their hands in anticipation) for it bec. its so awesome.  People get tired of anything if repeated over and over.  Second reason, it's almost like Spidey's "With great power, comes great responsibility" or Green Lantern's "In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might; beware my power the Green Lantern's light!" before their own opening credits with music and all.  This is the first time I've ever heard of such a thing.  Sure there's a voice overs or narration like in 'Charlie's Angels' or 'Conan the barbarian' but I don't know of any shows - t.v. or movies wasting good lines like that. (When and where can we hear those 'power speeches?' I'm getting there)   And finally the last reason, all moviegoers especially the die hard fans expect to hear it where it should be; when Remo's in action! (during the movie of course not before or after)  This is Remo's secret weapon.(well sort of)  Obviously we're not expecting Shiva full throttle this early.  Shiva's not gonna show up just to deal with rude, impolite and nasty juvenile delinquents!  It's like using an atomic bomb to kill cockroaches.  Maybe if Shiva's facing off someone like Jean Grey as the Dark Phoenix.  That would be a great battle!  Who's gonna win? Remo as Shiva vs. J. G. as Dark Phoenix?  Don't know; I bet my old Destroyer books for Remo to win.(of course)  He should be able to fly by that time,  I hope.  Well in my early proposal of 7-8 movies in 10 years we'll probably hear those Remo's lines at least 4 or 5 times which is more than enough for me. 

Instead of Remo's mantra how about a Sinanju proverb?(relevant to the movie)  It's written in an authentic looking Sinanju scroll written in Korean first then morphed into english or narrated by someone in english.(the narrator or could be Chiun himself)  He should be Asian.  Whether he's a Master or not doesn't matter.  Or a passage from the Bible which some of it sounds like describing a Master of Sinanju.  Even better, a passage from the Hindu books  Bhagavad-gita or Mahabharata (I think)  which says a lot about Shiva.  Or how about messages coming from Chiun?(Chiun's scroll diary?)  Like dedications,  criticising the film's writers, director, actors, etc., warning the moviegoers to buy some merchandise or else.(before or after the film)  It could be just about anything.  I know what Sinanju proverb that's gonna be in the last movie -(The Destroyer: Assassin's playoffs)  "A man who makes a game of these things will succumb to a child who does things properly."  Or  "A fool who uses his mind is stronger than the wise man who does not".  I'll let Chiun decide. 

cmz
No doubt a white

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 02:26:09 PM »

I've almost forgot, no Ung poetry before the movie,(sorry Chiun, maybe during the movie)even if it only contains 500 stanzas!  Another example they could emulate(inspire them) is the LOTR opening where there's a poem about "the one ring to rule them all".(that's all I remember)  I kind of like the Star Wars style too, where there's a brief summary story before the movie.(going upwards) They should just try to get the best of both worlds.

C. Wolf's dream cast is sort of okay.('adequate') Harold Smith's ancestors are from New England(like most Americans) that explains Ian Mckellen. Conn Mclearly's role(Robert Patrick) should be short and sweet(cameo flashbacks whatever) coz Con and Remo hardly talk to one another.(since it's between Remo and Chiun)  The only memorable line I've been waiting to hear is for Mclearly to say "America is worth a life" (there isn't any in RW:TAB) before stabbing himself in the throat with his hook. I've never heard of Ryu Sun Lee but he reminded me of Pat Morita.  It doesn't matter if he's Chinese, Japanese, or Korean.  He should get used to Chiun's 'racist' remarks.  He looks kind of old though, thus stuntmen(and CGI) are necessary for him.  Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as Nuihc is also too old for the role. Nuihc is suppose to be a few years older than Remo(maybe bet. 5 to 10 years), while the Dutchman is younger than Remo. However the actor for Jeremiah could be the same age as the Remo actor or a little older.  He just have to look younger than Remo.(make up helps)
cmz
No doubt a white

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 02:12:50 PM »

About Remo's mantra again; regardless on what format or technique they're gonna use, the point is I don't want it at the beginning of the movie and just save it for the major smackdown.  Sorry I can't explain or express it well enough but that's how I feel about it.  Going back to C. Wolf's dream cast, everything is good except for Hugh Jackman.  Why is it that everytime there's an upcoming action, superhero, romantic comedy movies or whatever his name's always comes up. Is there no one else?(It's just too easy and convenient)

I really don't hate H. Jackman(maybe a little) or C. Wolf's choice(can't blame him; it's his right to choose), I'm just kind of annoyed of this 'Australian invasion' and other 'imports' as well.(Paul Revere must be turning in his grave)  It all started with Mel Gibson(a drunk and a Jew hater), then Russell Crowe(another drunk who got a short fuse), next is Eric Bana(Hulk buster), of course there's Hugh Jackman(everyone want him to star in their super mega epic marvelous action/adventure movie) and lastly the 'it' guy for today is Sam Worthington.  What's the big deal about this guy anyway?  He's got no more(or less) charisma than David Caruso at the movies.  He looks kind of ordinary, I mean he's the most boring guy I've ever seen. It seems he became an action superstar overnight.  Remember Arnold's career? How he struggled in his younger days and this guy make it look too easy.  If you noticed something about his movies: they're full of CGI effects and the most expensive at that.(following Will Smith's footsteps)  Can't he make movies without them at all?  If not for those things no one's gonna see his moves.  It must be written in his contract: no make movies without CGI effects.  He'll probably get panic attacks if he sign up for a romantic comedy movie or whatever.

If everybody thinks H. Jackman is the "one" the how can anyone explain what happened to the 'Van Helsing'  movie.  Was it a big hit at the box office? Nope.  Obviously people want Hugh to star in a series of 'Wolverine' movies not the 'Van Helsing' series.  There's no guarantee if there's gonna be a 'Destroyer' movie series even if Hugh Jackman is in it.  Besiders what about the other actors?(except Christian Bale, I don't like him much either)  Hugh was once a nobody too you know,(until the X-men movie) so why not get a newcomer with some previous experience?  They've better not sign H. Jackman unless he's the last actor on earth.  And don't forget Hugh's price tag just gone up.  Could those producers really afford him?

By the way seeing H. Jackman on the electric chair looks creepy(it freaked me out; no nightmares yet)  It seems ages ago that I've seen an electric chair.(out of sight, out of mind)  It's just as bad and old and antique looking as the guillotine. Not to mention executions by hanging, firing squad, beheading, etc.  With methods like these, I too would rather be assassinated by Sinanju than being killed by those things.
cmz
No doubt a white

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 07:00:58 AM »

Electric chairs? Lethal injections? Who cares? They should just eliminate it alltogether, in other words they don't have to show any execution scenes. This could be part of the opening credit scene like in "The Incredible Hulk" movie starring Ed Norton.(they should try to learn something from this movie) Let's say while Remo's in his cell thinking (after the quick trial) a disguised Conn Macleary came to give Remo his 'pill'. Then Remo's walking towards the execution room or chamber with 2 big guys or guards on either side of him. After they entered and closed the door, there are lights above the door resembling police sirens (or any enery saving lights) that's turned on in which it could mean either there's an execution going on or its a signal that Remo's dead which he isn't of course. In this way nobody could tell(at least temporarily) if this is happening in the 70's, 80's, or 90's and beyond,(since its being done behind 'closed doors') sort of giving off a timeless feel to it. And why not? Take Batman for instance, he's been around since the 1940's and he's still going strong.  There are still comic books about him and a new cartoon called "Batman: the Brave and the Bold" , returning to its 'old school' looks or its 'Superfriends' roots but the action is fast and as violent as ever.
cmz
No doubt a white

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 02:10:48 PM »

It seems none of the writers(in comics and animation) are interested for Batman to progress to the next level.(Bruce getting married, Nightwing taking over, Alfred's age finally affecting him, etc.) Sure there was a 'Batman Beyond' where Bruce Wayne's acting like Chiun and Smith at the same time; but nobody wants to see a Batman who is too old, too slow, and too weak.(so they made a new one again) It almost makes me wanna do something really bad(or else I'll be behind bars) for those other fans who suggest things like Chiun and Smith's retiring and later dying.  Remo's the Master and Freya's his official apprentice;(I don't mind Freya but with Smith still alive and working for CURE) Mark Howard taking over CURE.(I don't like this dude) 'Winner' Smith is still hanging around(I don't like him either. I wish him and Mark never existed!) and other things I don't even want to think about.

People seem to forget something about fictional characters, and that is: they're kind of immortal!(unless W. Murphy or J. Mullaney says that the 'Destroyer's' finished for good) I liked to think that Remo should be like that eternal teenager Archie Andrews. Okay bad comparison; I think I saw a comic strip featuring Archie marrying Betty(in the 'Net') and having kids but who cares about that? It could be a dream or nightmare sequence.

I don't care if its the year 3846 right now. I like Destroyer books(not Remo and Chiun series or New Destroyer just stick to 'The Destroyer') where the main characters are still Remo,(maybe Freya can be CURE's intern or enforcement arm in training) Chiun, and Smith with some rare or occassional(depending on fans' response) appearances of old and new characters, allies and enemies.(maybe a new or upgraded books of Remo vs Nuich and Remo vs the Dutchman series again. And why not? That Batman vs the Joker and everybody else is getting old. Their origins, battles, betrayals, etc. are told over and over and over again)  This is what the new 'Destroyer' movie should be focusing on.(if it ever gets made at all) They should just concentrate on the big '3' (and Nuihc of course)and no one else except maybe a brief appearance by Conn Macleary in a flashback scene.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: